The Middlebury Swim Team engages in a multi-level competition program that attempts to provide challenging, yet success-oriented competitive situations for swimmers of all ages and abilities. The following is a list of guidelines we follow to support our philosophy:
- We emphasize competition with oneself. The individual’s improvement is our main goal.
- Sportsman like behavior is of equal importance. Respect for Officials, other swimmers, and teammates is greatly appreciated and expected.
- Swimmers should set realistic, yet challenging, goals for both practice and swim meets.
- Individual meetings may be set up with a coach if further guidance is needed.
- Swimmers are encouraged to swim all events, distances, and strokes.
- Support your fellow teammates!