What to Bring
It is important that each swimmer comes prepared to each meet. Preparation helps swimmers feel comfortable and ready to compete. Each swimmer should bring:
- Identification on bag in case it is misplaced
- Team suit (a spare for just in case is a good idea)*
- Cap and goggles (extras are always good to have too!)**
- Towels (2 or more are always helpful if one gets really wet!)
- Sweatshirt, sweatpants, or other warm clothing
- Water bottle (is it very important to stay hydrated!)
- Snacks (but most likely they will be provided at the concession stand if forgotten)
- A pen or marker to write event, heat, and lane #’s on hand or forearm
- A dry change of clothes for after the meet and any shower necessities
*Team suits are not required.
**Caps are not required. However, if a swimmer chooses to wear a cap in competition it must be a team cap.
What to do after a meet
- Tell your child how great he/she did! The coaches will be sure to discuss stroke technique and the race overall with them after each swim.
- Tell your child how proud you are of him/her and what a great job s/he did.
- Check and double check for forgotten suits, towels, goggles, ribbons, and other items that you brought to the meet.
- It is always good sportsmanship to stay and support teammates even if your child’s events are finished. If you cannot stay after your child has completed all of his/her events, check with a coach before you leave.